AutismOklahoma is Moving Forward
We aren’t just getting a new website, we are also moving!
Studio 806 has been an important place for AutismOklahoma since July 2014. Over the past six years, we have experienced the joys of camps, the smiles of karaoke, the tears of overcoming and the laughter of having friends! What a blessing this beautiful space has been to all of us!
Change is just a part of life and we are excited to announce that AutismOklahoma is making a change.
In May 2020, AO will be moving to our new home on the campus of 7725 Connect. This move has been made possible by one of our Board members who is the leasing agent for this building. This is the former Lucent Technology building located at Council and Reno, which has been completely renovated. We will be paying a nominal rental rate and will have a large meeting room for our groups, a small meeting room with conference table, another room to use for storage and then access to multiple areas on the campus based on availability per activity. Our monthly cost (for rent plus bills) will be reduced approximately $4,000, for an annual savings of approximately $48,000.
This move will allow us to interact with MORE people in our community and state. 7725 Connect will take AutismOklahoma into an already established business community and allow us to meet new friends and businesses. Our new facility has an on-site dining facilities and a fitness center so meet ups with coffee or lunch are really simple to arrange.
Some of the new features at 7725 Connect that we will all enjoy include:
- Conference room, storage and work room for AO programs
- Plentiful and free parking
- More conference rooms for meetings, teaching new skills and working together on group projects
- A full food court will be a great place to learn ordering and money handling while socializing and eating together as friends.
- A theater for screenings of Invisible Layers Production’s films
- A gym will provide us a place to exercise
- An auditorium will allow us to showcase the successes of our participants and to hold events
- Safety features include 24/7 security guards, tornado shelter, and badge entry
Bee’s Knees, Swanky art programs, Invisible Layers Productions, the Green Tea Party and more will all be held in our new space.
Our new address will be 7725 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73127
We will announce this move through email and on our Facebook page with details about our upcoming Open House.