1. ESTABLISH GOALS – The objective you set for your group should include a financial figure, awareness aims, and recruiting.
2. PICK THE IDEAL FUNDRAISER – There are many ideas that you can choose from. See above!!!.
3. ASK FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO HELP – Ask your family and friends to help with the planning of the event. It is important to maintain close and constant contact with your group members and to motivate and encourage them. Most of these fundraisers need just a few people to help.
4. IDENTIFY YOUR PARTICIPANTS Consider how you can tap into new and creative demographic groups, as well as family, friends, co-workers and other supporters who you can target to participate.
5. FINDING A LOCATION Most of the above listed items can be hosted in your home, at your schools, at your churches, etc. with little to no cost to you. Also all restaurant nights are just a phone call away and getting on their rotation.
6. SCHEDULE AND PROMOTE YOUR EVENT Consider holidays, local events, and timing. Promotions agreement with AutismOklahoma is required when promoting an AutismOklahoma event; this ensures that you and AutismOklahoma are in agreement about the event before the planning starts. We have a form to help us to help you with advertising.
7. KEEP RECORDS OF ALL DONATIONS You will want to thank people later so make sure to keep a record of those participants that donated funds, space, goods, volunteers, etc.
8. COLLECT THE FUNDS We ask that all funds be forwarded to AutismOklahoma no more than 10 days after the event. Checks should be made payable to AutismOklahoma. Also some events AutismOklahoma can provide a credit card reader along with a representative to facilitate the credit card reader, for such events please make sure you mark that request on your event form.
9. THANK YOU! Be sure to thank those who were involved in your event from your listing that you created.